SACRAMENTO, Calif., Jan. 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- It was just two months ago that Amazon announced its selections for their HQ2 â New York and Virginia. This decision left many wondering, "Why not the Greater Sacramento region?"
With talent on overload and 12 different sites of 50 million square feet of office space ready for immediate development, the Greater Sacramento region stands ready to re-open talks with Amazon amid the New York controversy, reports the Greater Sacramento Economic Council.
Barry Broome, CEO and President, Greater Sacramento Economic Council, says Sacramento will take the 25,000 jobs and the economic impact Amazon will bring. New York may be squawking about the impacts Amazon will have but Sacramento understands how to negotiate terms that will address the needs of the people and generate a positive ROI.
There is no other location quite like Greater Sacramento:
- The Sacramento region remains the best positioned market for Amazon's logistical needs due to its 15 daily, nonstop flights to Seattle and its proximity, within driving distance, to the Bay Area.
- The Sacramento region shares a workforce with the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
- We are in the Northern California megaregion - 89,000 people who live in the San Francisco/San Jose market work in the Greater Sacramento area.
- Sacramento has enough in-fill development to double the current footprint of its downtown.
- In 2016, SmartAsset.com ranked the City of Sacramento #1 for diversity in STEM.
- Local universities such as the University of California, Davis and Sacramento State, among others, provide top-tier engineering talent.
- UC Davis ranks top 10 in the nation among public universities.
- Within the Northern California megaregion, the Sacramento area draws talent from worldclass Bay Area universities like Stanford and UC Berkeley.
So Amazon, we are ready, are you?
About the Greater Sacramento Economic Council
The Greater Sacramento Economic Council is the catalyst for innovative growth strategies in the Capital Region of California. The organization spearheads community-led direction to retain, attract, grow and scale new businesses, develop advanced industries and create jobs and investment throughout a six-county region. Greater Sacramento represents a collaboration between local and state governments, market leaders, influencers and stakeholders, with the sole mission of driving economic growth. The Sacramento Region was founded on discovery, built on leadership and fueled by innovation.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hey-amazon---maybe-its-time-to-call-greater-sacramento-300775398.html
SOURCE Greater Sacramento Economic Council