L'ÃLE-DES-SÅURS, QC, Jan. 8, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - The Greater MontrÃ©al Real Estate Board (GMREB) has just released its most recent residential real estate market statistics for the MontrÃ©al Census Metropolitan Area (CMA), based on the real estate brokers' Centris provincial database. In total, 2,825 residential sales were concluded in December 2018, a 3 per cent increase compared to December of 2017. It also represents a new sales record for a month of December and the 46th consecutive increase in transactions. Click here to watch the December 2018 statistics video.
Sales by geographic area
- Five of the six main areas of the MontrÃ©al CMA registered an increase in sales in December.
- Vaudreuil-Soulanges and Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu clearly stood out with respective sales increases of 13 per cent and 8 per cent.
- Transactions were also on the rise on the North Shore (+6 per cent), in Laval (+5 per cent) and on the South Shore (+3 per cent).
- The Island of MontrÃ©al was the only area that posted a decrease in sales, as transactions fell slightly by 1 per cent compared to December of 2017.
Sales by property category
- Across the MontrÃ©al CMA, the number of single-family home transactions rose by 3 per cent (1,491 sales) while condominium transactions grew by 2 per cent (993 sales). In contrast, plex transactions fell by 1 per cent (336 sales).
- The median price of single-family homes and plexes increased significantly across the MontrÃ©al CMA in December, reaching $327,450 (+7 per cent) and $525,000 (+8 per cent) respectively.
- The median price of condominiums rose by 3 per cent, reaching $272,863.
Number of properties for sale
In December, there were 18,970 active residential listings in the real estate brokers' Centris system, an 18 per cent drop compared to one year earlier.
About the Greater MontrÃ©al Real Estate Board
The Greater MontrÃ©al Real Estate Board is a non-profit organization with more than 9,500 members: real estate brokers. Its mission is to actively promote and protect its members' professional interests in order for them to successfully meet their business objectives.
Centris.ca is QuÃ©bec's real estate industry website for consumers, grouping all properties for sale by a real estate broker under the same address. SociÃ©tÃ© Centris provides real estate industry stakeholders with access to real estate data and a wide range of technology tools. Centris also manages the collaboration system used by more than 13,000 real estate brokers in QuÃ©bec.
SOURCE Chambre immobiliÃ¨re du Grand MontrÃ©al